Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
- Full time
- Location: Durham, NC
About the company
Wolfspeed’s founders were the first to successfully commercialize Silicon Carbide, and for more than 35 years have focused on designing and supplying the industry’s highest-performing Silicon Carbide and GaN-on-Silicon Carbide materials and devices for high-power applications.
Wolfspeed is currently looking for a Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician to work full time in their Durham, NC location. In this role you will perform corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance tasks on semiconductor tools designed to improve/sustain equipment availability, reliability, and maintainability. You will work on a dedicated 12-hour shift in support of our 24/7 operation in Durham, NC.
- Utilize troubleshooting skills to solve complex equipment mechanical, electrical and pneumatic problems
- Perform preventative and routine equipment maintenance tasks (i.e. cleaning, calibration, or routine service)
- Utilize the computerized maintenance management systems for inventory control and work scheduling
- Handle gases and chemicals to replenish system resources.
- Provide communication to all support team members by following proper escalation procedures
- Associates degree in EE or military equivalent
- Manufacturing experience, preferably within the semiconductor industry
- Good manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work 12 hours shifts in a fast-paced environment
- A team player mentality
- Flexibility in your work schedule and the ability to work overtime on short notice