Manufacturing Operator – 2nd and 3rd shift
- Balchem Corporation
- Full Time
- Location: Lincoln, NE
About the company
Balchem Corporation is looking for a Manufacturing Operator to maintain the continued operation of the Cooker and Extruder machine while both adhering to all OSHA standards, safety standards and quality standards applicable according to Balchem Policies.
From the company website: “For over 55 years, Balchem has developed innovative solutions for the health and nutritional needs of the world. With a diversified business portfolio, our products and technologies impact the health and wellbeing of millions of humans and animals worldwide. We provide the service, quality, and technology that enables our customers to win with their customers and have built a reputation for delivering results for all of our stakeholders. Balchem consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health, Animal Nutrition & Health, and Specialty Products.”
- Setup of feed systems, screw configuration, extruder, as well as start-up and shut down of the Extruder utilizing Standard Operating Conditions.
- Accurate handle all paperwork and collection of data, and properly maintain reporting in ERP system of all ingredients returned.
- Running of the extruder in all aspects from blender to K-tron, panel view, zone temps,k-tron feeder, airvey usage and flow.
- Monitor product and maintain quality notifying the proper person(s) if issues arise.
- Clearly record and maintain all necessary records and information as required, and bring to attention any discrepancies or otherwise noted concerns.
- Maintain a sanitary work area adhering to all OSHA standards and Balchem Standard Operating Procedures including but not limited to in process, end of shift, end of a run, quarterly and as otherwise directed.
- Always maintaining a high level of awareness for all safety measures including OSHA regulations and procedures set forth by Balchem management, including proper use of Lock out/Tag out procedures.
- Perform others duties as assigned
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures, i.e. personnel, safety, and equipment maintenance and upkeep. Become proficient in areas of production and safety policies and procedures (accident/injury reporting, blood borne pathogens, confined spaces, emergency evacuation, equipment operation/maintenance, hazard communication, ladders, lockout/tag out, personal protective equipment, etc.).
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required.
- Six (6) months of related experience and/or training.
- Individual must be equipped with strong motivation, organization, time management, and communication skills (both orally and written).
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Individual should demonstrate strong work ethics (punctual, dependable, and trustworthy), and be quality oriented and process oriented.
- The ability to utilize common sense and skills in completing responsibilities and operating equipment conforming to Balchem production and safety procedures is needed.
- The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions is necessary.
- Individual should possess the ability to effectively communicate and handle conflict in a professional manner.
- The ability to give and welcome feedback and contribute to building a positive team spirit is required.