Electrical Reliability Engineer
- International Paper
- Full Time
- Location: Pine Hill, AL
About the company
International Paper is looking for an Electrical Reliability Engineer to join their team in Pine Hill, Alabama.
The Pine Hill Mill is currently seeking an Electrical/Instrumentation Reliability Engineer. The Pine Hill Mill is a complex, fully integrated pulp and paper manufacturing facility with two machines. The mill includes multiple process lines of wood handling, pulping, power and recovery, and effluent treatment. The position works within the Maintenance and Engineering department.
We are seeking an Electrical Reliability Engineer with electrical power distribution, EI Precision Maintenance (IEPM), Motor Maintenance and Valve Maintenance experience. A successful reliability engineer with be able to interact with all parts of the organization. The Reliability Engineer’s responsibility is to maintain and improve the reliability of our manufacturing operations. They are to eliminate production limiting failures from our process and increase the life of our assets.
Reliability engineering is the supercharging of traditional maintenance equipment engineering with a portion of process engineering. A reliability engineer focuses on overall process reliability of which equipment reliability is a major component. They must work hand in hand with craftsman and operators while being able to communicate effectively with supplier’s sales engineers and technology support. Daily they will partner with operating and maintenance leaders to support the area. In crisis situations they must be able to provide good technical direction and pull together corrective plans efficiently.
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer challenging assignments and total rewards in countries around the world. When we say infinite possibilities, we mean it. Apply now and join a community that improves people’s lives, the planet and our company’s performance by transforming renewable resources into products people depend on every day.
Since 1898, International Paper has been one of the world’s leading producers of fiber-based, renewable products. Our customers have relied on us to be there for them, our communities have counted on us to be a force for good and we’ve worked together to create what’s next.
- Equipment Reliability Strategy
- Criticalities Assessment Owner: lead development effort and keep criticalities current
- Owns maintenance strategy. Reliability Engineers are responsible for defining, developing, administering, and refining the equipment care programs.
- Predictive Maintenance: develop routes; ensure communication between core team and technician
- Preventative Maintenance: develop PM mechanics for each area; develop routes and manage the program and communication with core teams
- Where assigned, ensure GMS Policy adherence for EPD, IEPM, Motors, Turbine Generators, Valves and Electrical Room Air Quality
- Champion Asset Class Management in area – Establish cradle to grave strategy for critical equipment types.
- Support Core teams: help resolve technical issues or repair procedures as required; coach maintenance FLLs as needed; EDP Oversight; Precision Motor Program; IEPM; MWS Team participation
- Failure Elimination
- RCFA Facilitation: champion use of RCFA for the area. Does not lead all RCFA’s, but ensures engagement of workforce, proper root causes identified, and action items are completed
- Coordinate priorities with operations
- MWS Work participation: participate in prioritizing Area work orders; ensure Indirect Work Order / Mgmt of Change identified as required; ensure proper preventive maintenance shutdown work is completed; annual outage work
- Capital and Repair Projects
- Facility Plan Development: maintain 5 yr repair plan for area
- Participate in Capital Plan development
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering (Preferred)
- 10+ Years of Electrical and Instrumentation Experience, may be considered in lieu of Degree
- 5+ years’ experience at manufacturing facility
- Strong technical and maintenance background with electrical power distribution and Instrument/ Controls experience
- Ability to manage and lead multiple projects
- Proficient with Microsoft and SAP PM Applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills with ability to interact at all levels
- Must possess great time management skills
- Detail Oriented
- Command Skills
- Electrical Aptitude
- Managerial Courage
- Organizational Skills