Lead Electrical Assembly Technician
- Arnold Machine
- Full Time
- Location: Tiffin, OH
About the company
Arnold Machine is seeking a Lead Electrical Assembly Technician. The position of Lead Electrical Assembly Technician requires leading the electrical assembly of the projects assigned to the team. Assembly Technicians report directly to the assembly team leader, however much of the direction on projects will come from the Project Team Leader. Assembly Technicians will be asked to assist with the development and training of new team members and work study students.
From the website:
“Arnold Machine’s vast experience designing automation equipment and systems for a vast number of industries has helped us develop safe and efficient systems that are repeatable, reliable and robust.
Our team of highly experienced mechanical and electrical engineers have industry-leading consultative and design capabilities that help them provide comprehensive engineering solutions to OEMs and their Tier 1 manufacturers. Their strength in manufacturing automation equipment comes from their experience in various industries, which has given them the ability to develop creative solutions for clients.
Through key integration partnerships, our engineers master the latest automation technologies and offer crucial product and system support to customers. That ensures Arnold Machine remains a valued long-term partner to customers who rely on our cutting-edge solutions.”
- Lead the electrical assembly for each team’s projects
- Attend project meetings as requested by the project team leader from concept to wrap-up
- Work closely with the Lead Mechanical Assembly Tech through the build, de-bug, and commissioning of the project. Always supporting each other and the assembly techs.
- Provide manufacturing support, assembly support, de-bug, and final qualification of the equipment
- Work with engineering to answer questions and solve design issues
- I/O check, program load, and machine de-bug ensuring that each requirement of the scope is met, and the project milestone dates are maintained.
- Ensure the project requirements are met prior to, and during the internal and customer run-offs
- Provide field support for new installations including startup and final tuning. Some travel will be required.
- Ability to work independently while effectively coordinating work with other team members
- Ability to work on multiple projects as well as be a member of a cross functional team
- Build and maintain strong relationships with team members and clients
- Strong electrical analytical skills to assemble and troubleshoot industrial machines
- Strong time management and team leadership skills
- Proficiency in reading engineering drawings and schematics
- Proficiency in reading and editing PLC, HMI, & robot programs
- Adaptability to changing project requirements and schedules
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Willingness to learn and desire to contribute as part of a dynamic and productive team
- Travel is required