Sr. Facilities Technician
- Full Time
- Location: San Diego, CA
About the company
The Sr. Facilities Technician will support building and utilities maintenance, perform inspections, and facilitate repairs to ensure ongoing GMP manufacturing and business operations. This position will perform repairs on the Process Instrumentation and manufacturing equipment systems. Prepare calibration reports and detail document completed work orders. Overhaul and perform corrective and preventive maintenance on plant equipment, filtration systems, centripetal equipment, pumps, Air Handling Units, sterilization, filling equipment, Plant and Critical Utilities equipment electrical controls and instrumentations to include, but not limited to, pressure/Level/Temperature/pH indicators and transmitters, electrical distribution, variable frequency drives, electric motors and electrical control systems. Additional responsibilities may include manufacturing support systems and equipment as well as office building equipment /systems (i.e. monitor the building management system “BMS”). This position will share a rotating/scheduled and on-call facilities monitoring duties and requires after-hours on-site response to alarms. This position also requires that you carry a company issued cell phone when on-site and when on-call. The Sr. Facilities Technician will be responsible in maintaining a safe work environment.
For more than 100 years, WACKER has developed intelligent solutions for the world’s diverse industries, spanning the automobile industry, healthcare, pharmaceutical, consumer care, textiles, construction, paints, food, agricultural, the chemical industry and many others. As a technology leader focusing on sustainability, WACKER promotes products and ideas with high value-add potential to ensure that current and future generations enjoy a better quality of life based on climate and environmental protection and energy efficiency. Join our organization and find out what it means to be part of a family across all nations!
- Monitor and respond to alarms specific to equipment, environmental monitoring, and building per alarms and independently resolve equipment/instrument issues site SOPs
- Execution of miscellaneous facilities related projects as directed by the Associate Director of Facilities and/or General Manager
- Support and maintain accurate cGMP compliant records for all equipment and systems and maintain accurate facilities service records.
- Operation and knowledge of major equipment and systems: install, monitor, maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units. Diagnose and repair electronic, mechanical, and electrical components of these systems. This includes but not limited to; autoclaves, washers, dehydrogenation ovens, boilers. Troubleshoot all problems as they occur on all equipment including but not limited to HVAC systems, Building Management Systems, Incubators, Cold Rooms/Freezers, and other equipment.
- Responsible for performing and maintaining water systems such as WFI, RODI, Clean Steam. Participate in planning and execution of facility improvements.
- High school diploma required
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant maintenance/facilities experience required
- Minimum of 4 years of cGMP experience required
- Up to 10% travel
- Exposure to operations involving engineering disciplines including Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Environmental, and Industrial
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Reliable, meet deadlines and strong problem solving-skills
- Strong understanding of basic hand tools
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills with the Facilities team and end users
- Experience troubleshooting and solving facilities issues.
- Experience in maintaining accurate cGMP compliant records for all equipment and systems and maintain accurate facilities service records.
- Experience in adhering to safety requirements and ensuring the use of required PPE.