- Full Time
- Location: Deer Park, TX
About the company
Oxy is hiring a Process Supervisor to work in their Deer Park, TX location.
For 100 years, Oxy has developed extensive assets, infrastructure, expertise and technology to fuel progress and improve lives around the world. Now we’re leveraging these resources to help solve the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges. We want to be part of the solution, so we’re taking bold steps to innovate new technologies for a low-carbon future.
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Ensure consistency of operation, application of policies/procedures, and accountability across all shifts for employees working in the assigned unit.
- Plan and direct the activities of the process area in a manner that achieves production of quality products in a safe, efficient, and reliable manner.
- Supervise and develop KOH Day Head Operator.
- Develop new and enhance existing management systems and procedures to drive operational excellence and discipline in the Deer Park KOH plant.
- Support the routine maintenance process by managing reliability priorities and maintenance backlogs for the operating area. Work with planners and lead techs to support maintenance excellence. Work in conjunction with Maintenance to ensure that the maintenance backlog is managed, planned, and scheduled properly.
- Identify capital projects and assist in development of detailed scope as needed for the areas.
- Provide outage planning and support for planned shutdowns. Identify outage timing and scope. Help develop the operations plan for the outage and coordinate with Maintenance on the maintenance plan and cost.
- Assure that raw material and product inventories are in compliance with established minimum-maximum levels, that these materials meet specifications, and are handled in a manner which minimizes degradation or loss. Work to meet the objectives of the business and logistics leaders to establish raw material needs/usage targets, permissible inventory flexibility, production needs, and shipment targets.
- Develop and implement specific projects to improve manufacturing cost performance.
- Provide direction to the process technicians on key parameters, plant operating instructions, preparation of equipment for maintenance, process troubleshooting, operating plans, and safety issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering (Chemical or Mechanical) preferred with a minimum of two years’ experience in a chemical plant environment OR 5+ years of experience in a chemical plant environment and a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with outside vendors and customers as well as various government agencies such as OSHA, EPA, LEPC, etc.
- Must be able to respond to off hour emergencies.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and good working knowledge of SAP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.