Process Improvement Manager
- International Paper
- Full Time
- Location: Manson, NC
About the company
International Paper is looking for a Process Improvement Manager for their Manson, NC location.
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer challenging assignments and total rewards in countries around the world. When we say infinite possibilities, we mean it. Apply now and join a community that improves people’s lives, the planet and our company’s performance by transforming renewable resources into products people depend on every day.
- Responsible for successfully establishing an operating environment that embraces the continuous improvement process. The PIM is also responsible for leading the facility efforts in quality through management of all quality systems, and facilitation of the plant safety committee and initiatives.
- Work with supervisors and operating teams to understand and improve manufacturing and quality systems, while emphasizing use of manufacturing reliability tools to accomplish operating objectives.
- Provide support by leading the plant safety team. Also, support safety initiatives such as safety audits, incident investigations and safety orientation for new hires. Must understand OHSA/EPA regulations.
- Manage internal auditing processes.
- Monitor Tracking Incidents and Credits System status and reporting.
- Actively participate in the New Item process, as well as Customer audits and communication. Maintain knowledge of customer specific quality testing, expectations, and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years experience manufacturing experience; preferably in a corrugated or converting environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing, implementing and managing high performance work systems and teams
- Knowledge of and compliance with local and corporate policies
- Process Management
- Drive for Results
- Building Effective Teams
- Command Skills
- Customer Focus
- Managing through Systems
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen