Manufacturing Services Engineer
- Miller Industries
- Full Time
- Location: Ooltewah, TN
About the company
“If you’re looking for a one-of-a-kind opportunity, with a one-of-a-kind company then you are in the right place! Miller Industries is the world’s leader in manufacturing and innovation in the Towing & Recovery Industry. You’ve probably seen some of our trucks on television reality shows like Ice Road Truckers, or Highway Through Hell. Miller’s innovative products have been a staple for years in industries such as first responders, roadside assistance, vehicle recovery, and even in the military. Not only do we offer products known for their high quality, but we offer quality employment opportunities. With competitive pay, amazing benefits, and a culture that supports your growth and we are confident you’ll understand why we feel Miller is a special place. Our goal is to provide our both our employees and customers an amazing experience in an environment where they can succeed and thrive.”
“We are currently looking for driven individuals that share our vision.”
“Responsible for evaluating existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the production process.”
(from their website)
- Support manufacturing for Continuous Improvement, quality issues on the floor, new launches, engineering changes and Lessons Learned.
- Development and implementation of process control techniques and procedures.
- Analysis of Manufacturing Processes (Process sheets, Tools, Facility Requirements, etc.).
- Change and Create documentation of Manufacturing Processes.
- Time Studies and Line Balancing depicting Manufacturing Processes.
- Quality Control (NCRs disposition) and Corrective actions.
- Bill of Materials – Maintaining and Re-Structuring.
- Routings and Time associated to Piece Parts, Weldments, and/or Assemblies.
- Gather data and analyze pertinent data.
- Confer with design engineering and purchasing in determining product specifications.
- Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of production process.
- Conduct Root-Cause Analysis and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Determine Quality of Product by Quality of Design, Quality of Process and Quality of Conformance.
- Review designs for manufacturing feasibility, suggest changes designs to ensure product cost effectiveness.
- Good working relationship and effective communication skills with vendors, team members, suppliers and project teams.
- Apply and utilize manufacturing best practice for efficiency, quality, safety and capability.
- Completion of miscellaneous duties and projects as directed by supervisor or manager.
Qualifications:Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Related Field; or two years related experience and/ or training in an industrial environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with technical writing, MS Office, Microsoft Project, and knowledge of Quality Tools.
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
- Must be able to troubleshoot issues and solve problems independently.
- Strong team player with an ability to be hands on when necessary.
- Be willing to work off shifts and weekends as required to support manufacturing.
- Ability to teach and mentor others.