Industrial Electrician Technician
- Ball Corporation
- Full Time
- Location: Fairfield, CA
About the company
Ball Corporation is seeking a new Industrial Electrician Technician to join their Fairfield, CA location.
Further your career at Ball, a world leader in manufacturing sustainable aluminum packaging and aerospace solutions. Achieve extraordinary things when you join our team, and make a difference in your professional development, the community, and around the globe!
Primary Purpose of the Position
This position is responsible for troubleshooting, problem solving, repairing, and maintaining equipment in a timely manner. Work will consist principally of tasks and projects related to corrections of safety issues and improvements to workplace safety. Working with safeguarding equipment.
Ball Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively encourage applications from everybody. All qualified job applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, aboriginality, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, age, political affiliation or any other non-merit characteristic.
When you join Ball you belong to a team of over 22,000 members worldwide. Our products range from infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe.
Each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging.
Everyone at Ball is making a difference by doing what we love. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
(from their website)
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment, in accordance with the guidelines of the food safety system. This includes initiating and reviewing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility as directed.
- Installs, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains high-speed, industrial process equipment for can and/or end making, power, lighting, control, and PLC logic controls for all production process and control equipment. This includes: all electrical power (24 to 600 volts), automation controllers, VFDs, transducers, proximity sensors, and inspection devices.
- Identifies and designs process improvements for inefficiencies and potential electrical problems and coordinates through supervisor to implement.
- Diagnoses causes of malfunctions and corrects through field measurements and programmable logic control software. Ensures efficient equipment operation through proper line control programming and proactively suggests methods to improve line performance.
- Maintains effective communication and documentation through review of and entries to daily log books, updates to wiring schematics (paper and ACAD), and computer program change forms, (whether maintained on paper or Microsoft Office formats), as well as shift turn over meetings.
- Determines all supplies needed for each assignment.
- Work assigned schedule or 12-hour shifts, rotating days and nights, Monday through Sunday, working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes. Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- High School Diploma or education equivalent required.
- Job-related experience for 3 years minimum.
- Electro-Mechanical Technology Degree (Preferred)
- Rockwell PLC experience preferred.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard electrical/electronic techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of the operating principles of all assigned equipment.
- Ability to effectively instruct and train personnel.
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools.
- Supplies and maintains required hand tools.
- Ability to use electronic test equipment.
- Possesses an interest in and an aptitude for mechanics, electronics, and electrical.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to differentiate colors and color shading.
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to concentrate and pay attention to detail.
- Must have sufficient endurance to perform tasks over multiple 12 hour days.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Maintains awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- May travel to other plant locations to assist with projects.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: nomenclature of all assigned equipment; industrial automation controllers, electronics, electrical-mechanical devices, transmission systems, interface units, AC motors, wiring diagrams and schematics, computers and inspection and digital devices.
- Performs general electrical work, i.e., conduit, wire sizing, pulling wire, and construction.
- Must display competent ability to wire, assemble, and layout electrical/electronic systems in an extremely neat and professional manner and conform to Ball wiring specifications.
- May require ability to operate a forklift and aerolift.
- Works in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to withstand high ambient temperature at times.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Requires working with or near energized 480 VAC circuits.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- Works in confined area(s).
- Works alone at times.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $45.17/hr - Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.