Industrial Combo Welder
- EMCOR Group
- Full Time
- Location: Corpus Christi, TX
About the company
EMCOR Group is seeking an Industrial Combo Welder for their Corpus Christi, TX location. Industrial Combination Welders must have industrial welding experience in a petrochemical or related industrial fabrication facility. Welders having the ability to read and interpret blueprints, ISO’s, field drawings, and material takeoffs a plus. Welders will perform a range of duties which will include but is not limited to welding various metals using processes such as SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, and GTAW. Welders are responsible for selecting, setting up, and staging the proper equipment for their jobs and that each are in ample supply and working order. This includes welding machines, gases, tools, and other consumables. Welders are also responsible for double checking the fit of pipe or other structural pieces and to allow for proper attachment. Attention to safety and detail are of the utmost importance. Welders must successfully pass pre-employment weld tests as part of the on-boarding process.
A provider of critical infrastructure systems, EMCOR companies give life to new structures and sustains life in existing ones by its planning, installing, operating, maintaining, and protecting the sophisticated and dynamic systems that create facility environments—such as electrical, mechanical, lighting, air conditioning, heating, security, fire protection, and power generation systems—in virtually every sector of the economy and for a diverse range of businesses, organizations, and government.
EMCOR’s strong financial position has enabled it to attract and retain among the best local and regional talent, to undertake and complete the most ambitious projects, and to redefine and shape the future of the construction and facilities services industry.
- Industrial Combo welding experience with GTAW and SMAW.
- Must pass GTAW & SMAW manual welding procedures test.
- Current Basic Orientation Plus (Safety Council Card) or within 3 months expiration.
- Current TWIC card
- Have three (3) or more years’ experience in your craft.
- Compliance with designated welding procedures and specifications.
- Follow established job-site safety and work regulations, as well as maintaining a safe and clean work area. Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
- Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, assemble, weld and install all types of pipe and/or similar tubular products; install supports, valves and other control equipment; test installed piping systems and install all other related items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications; bolt, clamp or weld parts to secure in position for welding; weld components according to specific process and code.
- Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans, specifications and industry standards.
- Significant and sustained periods of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Good communication skills (speaking and actively listening) with co-workers and supervisors.
- Must have good manual dexterity to perform precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will work at heights up to 300’ utilizing proper fall protection.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Must be capable of working outside in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.