- Full Time
- Location: Corvallis, OR
About the company
C·Power is looking for a new Electrical Engineer to work in their Corvallis, Oregon location.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for producing cost-effective electrical designs that satisfy the unique specifications of C·Power’s wave power systems. Balancing the cost of energy while ensuring system survivability is a critical aspect of the position. The professional will prepare design documentation, data, drawings, system descriptions, and contribute to periodic reporting requirements as assigned. The position reports administratively to Vice President of Operations and functionally to multiple project leaders.
C·Power (Columbia Power Technologies, Inc.) is a worldwide leader in ocean energy systems. We are developing and commercializing next-generation solutions that will deliver the qualities our customers need to reduce the cost, complexity, and carbon-intensity of their operations. Our systems are scalable and deployable in a wide range of applications, from powering oceanographic sensors to generating megawatt-scale electricity.
- Effective communication with and coordination of contractors employed during design work
- Power systems, power electronics, systems integration, and instrumentation development
- Design of components, material sourcing, and technical documentation
- Test director support during full-scale deployments and scaled tank testing
- Project management (i.e. track and maintain bill of materials, drawing review, maintain schedule, etc.)
- Experience with power electronics hardware design and integration
- Demonstrated success and an affinity for functioning in a collaborative team environment
- Electrical inspections of drawings and assemblies to note deficiencies
- Experience with appropriate engineering design tools (e.g. SolidWorks, Visio, MATLAB, etc.)
- Competent with MS-Office O-365/TEAMSAdditional Experience Desired:
- Machine drives design and system integration, and power electronic controls
- Electromechanical permanent magnet machine design and control, electric vehicle design
- Circuit design, analog circuits, power conversion circuits AC/DC and DC/DC
- Data acquisition and processing experience
- Shipyard experience and/or experience with government contracts
- Enthusiasm for renewable energy