- Wacker Chemical Corporation
- Full Time
- Location: Eddyville, IA
About the company
Wacker Chemical Corporation is looking for a Process Technician for their Eddyville, IA location. The Process Technician is responsible for safely monitoring the plant in the field and for all manual operations like packaging, sampling, minor maintenance, etc.
“Do you want to take responsibility and make a difference with your work? With your expertise, we can achieve great goals together. We are WACKER – Reliable. Determined. Ambitious. As one of the world’s most research-intensive chemical companies, we’ve been making countless products that are an integral part of your everyday life possible for over 100 years. From vegan food to resource-efficient buildings to solar cells, we develop sustainable solutions that change the future.”
- Exhibit safe work practices in the monitoring of plant equipment, according to existing plans. In-process sampling, reporting of unusual events, noises & vibrations to Shift Supervisor. Key duty is housekeeping in the production areas, understanding the plant policies for Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and all food-grade plant requirements must be maintained.
- Receive deliverables such as starch, solvents and caustic by truck. Packaging of finished goods. Monitoring of the outside parts of the plant and reporting any findings to Shift Supervisor.
- Respond to emergencies. Maintain all online and in-plant training requirements.
- Exposure to chemicals and other hazards, with requirements for training and proper PPE.
- Will be required to lift 55 lbs., related to our finished packaging.
- High School Diploma is required. (Preferred Education, Fields of Study, Certifications: Mechanics, Electronics, and/or Chemical studies.)
- Good communication and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems and processes.
- Make Plant Safety a priority.