Principal Reliability Engineer
- Mercury Systems
- Full Time
- Location: Hudson, NH
About the company
Mercury Systems is seeking out Principal Reliability Engineers for multiple locations, including Hudson, NH.
The Principal Reliability Engineer develops, implements and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the manufacture of components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies. Select materials used in assembly and interconnection processes. Interfaces with design engineering to ensure optimal manufacturing process flow and end-item reliability. Works with suppliers and outside service providers to ensure process and product quality is commensurate with program requirements throughout the manufacturing process. Contributes to and sometimes leads development of manufacturing plans for specialized microelectronic assemblies. Presents plans and process flows to customers and senior leadership in design reviews. Maintains records of critical process monitors and in-process screening results. Performs statistical analysis to ensure stabile and robust processes are maintained.
Mercury Systems is a technology company that makes the world a safer, more secure place. We push processing power to the tactical edge, making the latest commercial technologies profoundly more accessible for today’s most challenging aerospace and defense missions. From silicon to system scale, Mercury enables customers to accelerate innovation and turn data into decision superiority. Headquartered in Andover, Massachusetts, Mercury employs more than 2,300 people in 24 locations worldwide. To learn more, visit mrcy.com
We are committed to making Mercury a great place to work, no matter where our employees are located. We offer a casual and enjoyable atmosphere that allows employees to learn and grow. We help and care for one another and work as one to achieve results for us and for our customers. We value communication and transparency, and strive to foster two-way dialogue at all levels of the organization. We are committed to lifelong learning, offering comprehensive skills training and tuition reimbursement. Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or you are an experienced professional, it’s important to us that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Mercury Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mercury Systems is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the number below.
- Develop and maintain microelectronics processes to handle bare die as well as packaged components in integrated assemblies including epoxy dispensing, die attachment, wire bonding, soldering, cleaning and sealing.
- Research and recommend manufacturing equipment to be acquired for robust and high-reliability microelectronics manufacturing.
- Work with suppliers to set up, calibrate and maintain assembly equipment.
- Familiarity with government and industry standards such as MIL-PRF-38534, MIL-HDBK454, IPC-6011 and IPC-6018.
- Support bid and proposal efforts with descriptions of microelectronics manufacturing capabilities.
- Participation in regular meetings and reviews as an integral part of Integrated Product Development teams.
- Identify and justify projects for improving manufacturing capability, yields, productivity, and capacity.
- Initiate and execute design of experiments (DOE) projects as needed to advance capabilities and improve processes.
- Provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in his/her area of specialization.
- May coordinate activities of other personnel by acting as Team Lead
- Understanding of material properties definitions and previous electronic hardware assembly is highly desired Familiarity with SAP and Q-Note systems is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, handle shifting priorities and timeline pressure to meet project deadlines.
- Some technical team leadership experience.
- This position will be a part of Global Engineering Services, supporting all of the various Mercury Divisions. A willingness to travel periodically to support Mercury AMC (Advanced Manufacturing Centers) in Phoenix, Hudson, NH, and California may be an aspect of this position
- 7+ years of experience in a Reliability Engineering field
- Missile/aerospace related background or experience
- Knowledge and experience with probability, Failure Modes Effects Criticality Analyses, statistical concepts, and mathematical modelling
- PTC Windchill Quality Solutions (formerly Relex) Reliability tool suite
- Familiarity with Oracle and/or Agile data management systems
- General knowledge or experience with electrical circuit analysis and schematics
- Knowledge of product test, environmental and reliability testing or manufacturing engineering.
- Requirements development, problem analysis and resolution, and integration and test
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment