Quality and Reliability Manager
- Full Time
- Location: Boston, MA
About the company
Metalenz is looking for a new Quality and Reliability Manager with a strong background in bringing new products into production. The Quality and Reliability Manager will have leadership responsibility for the company’s Quality function.
Metalenz is a growing, venture-backed start-up that is the first to commercialize meta-optics and enable the next generation of 3D sensing in consumer electronics, automotive and industrial robotics markets. Built on research from Harvard University, Metalenz has 20+ patents on innovations that simplify and improve optical devices. Unlike traditional optics, the company’s metasurface technology provides complex, multifunctional optical performance in a single semiconductor layer, relocating large-scale production of optics to semiconductor foundries, that print lenses like computer chips.
Metalenz recently closed a $30M Series B financing led by Neotribe Ventures, and returning investors including 3M Ventures, Applied Ventures LLC, Intel Capital, M Ventures, TDK Ventures, and Foothill Ventures. Now in market, Metalenz metasurface optics will be in millions of consumer devices this year.
Based in downtown Boston near TD Garden, Metalenz is conveniently located across the street from North Station.
- Improve and maintain Quality System (QMS) that embodies a balance of stakeholder interests. Ensure company alignment with standards for ISO, regulatory, etc.
- Establish compliance monitors and drive continual improvement activities and corrective actions (CAPA).
- Scope and support reliability stress evaluations to ensure devices’ lifetime robustness. Use knowledge of common standards (JEDEC, IEC, MIL) to improve product reliability practices.
- Ensure issue containment with root cause investigations that lead to effective corrective actions (occurrence, escape, and systemic).
- Manage customer complaints and returns (IQA failures, field returns, RMA requests, FA requests)
- Act as vendor Quality interface. Implement vendor audit procedures that align with Company and product needs.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- BS or MS in Engineering, Physics, Optics, or related scientific or engineering field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a semiconductor or optics quality and reliability role.
- Experience with tools such as 8D’s, 5S, FMEA, etc. Familiarity with Quality standards such as ISO-9001 and IATF-16949.
- Experience with semiconductor reliability stress methods and failure analysis techniques.
- Familiarity with Lean and Six-Sigma methods; belt certification is a plus.
- Experience with statistical analysis of production measurement data such as Cp, Cpk, and gauge studies. Familiar with common statistical analysis tools such as Excel and JMP.