- Asahi Refining
- Full Time
- Location: Salt Lake City, UT
About the company
Asahi Refining is seeking a Metallurgical Engineer for their Salt Lake City location. This Engineering role will provide technical and troubleshooting support for operations and maintenance, be responsible to identify process improvement opportunities, and the potential of validating new processes, and researching & developing new operating techniques & equipment for melting, refining, sweeps and all ancillary processes, leading to improvements in safety, productivity, maintenance downtime, and environmental control.
Asahi Refining is the largest precious metals refinery in North America and a globally recognized brand known for quality and excellence. Put simply, we refine gold and silver from some of the largest mining firms into its purest form and deliver it to several different industries including financial institutions, electronics producers, and jewelry manufacturers. We are proud to work with a talented team who continuously push the boundaries and limitations of what is possible. We owe our success to their dedication. Join our team as we pave the way into the future.
- Evaluates and determines new process techniques or modifications to existing processes to improve productivity, safety, and environmental control, and to reduce equipment downtime.
- Research applicable process information for refining, melting and casting, effluent, pollution abatement and other ancillary processes and controls and applies that information to positively benefit the Operations and Maintenance in the facility and favorably impact the business.
- Regularly interacts with colleagues and counterparts in other relevant Asahi Refining facilities to leverage and share technology that benefit the overall performance of Asahi Refining.
- Support Project Engineering, Operations and Maintenance in reviewing projects for their feasibility & operability, and maintainability. Document alternatives discussed and decisions made. Include in the equipment engineering folders.
- Provides technical information to support project deliverables, and process specifications for project equipment. Reviews design drawings to ensure successful project implementation.
- University Degree in Chemical, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
- Required 5-7 years’ experience in a related field / similar role; experience in a melting, smelting casting, molten material systems required.
- Required experience in Extractive and Smelting Mining Industrial Plant Experience and Rotary Kiln Design and Operations
- Troubleshooting, Operations and Design of Pollution Control units an asset.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations of the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) as well as Environmental Health & Safety laws, standards, and regulations.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and other relevant engineering software.