- Full Time
- Location: Kansas City, MO
About the company
Sika USA is looking for a new Maintenance Supervisor. The Maintenance Supervisor will be required to perform all functions of plant maintenance. They are primarily responsible for the production equipment and preventive and predictive maintenance. The Maintenance Supervisor will maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and improve the processes related to the mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and the facilities of the production plant. Prioritize customer needs and assign tasks to maintenance team. Initiate and complete tasks as assigned by the maintenance manager. Provide technical support to production departments and provide leadership to department staff so as to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
With over 100 years of experience, Sika is a worldwide innovation and sustainability leader in the development and production of systems and products for commercial and residential construction, as well as the marine, automotive, and renewable energy manufacturing industries. Sika has offices in over 100 countries with over 300 manufacturing facilities and more than 27,000 employees worldwide. With annual sales of 11.4 + billion dollars in 2022, our commitment to quality, innovation, and the environment as well as putting our customer’s needs first, encompasses why Sika is the global leader in our industries.
- Accomplishes maintenance human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures. Supervises and trains departmental staff on key equipment.
- Develops training modules to support growth of technical knowhow.
- Tests team for competency/qualification to maintain accurate versatility matrix.
- Provide technical support and resources as necessary to support production requirements
- Supports the development and implementation maintenance activities as listed, preventive maintenance, work order system, critical parts inventory, maintenance skill development, etc.
- Flexibility and willingness to work various shifts as and when needed are required and a willingness to attend training classes and show proficiency in the learned skills is a plus Contributing team member for continuous improvement teams.
- Supports capital project implementation by running contractors as required.
- Responsible for the organization of the maintenance department shop floor. 5-S etc.
- Technical degree or 3-5 years hands on maintenance experience with injection molding and extrusion equipment.
- Experience working in a team environment. Highly organized.
- Experience interpreting electrical, hydraulic prints and systems.
- Injection molding and extrusion equipment experience a plus.
- PLC Programming experience 2 to 3 years.
- PC proficient, Microsoft Office, Maintimizer.
- Automotive production experience preferred.